[Mimedefang] Problem running clamd but not clamscan

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Wed Jan 28 11:44:51 EST 2004

On 01/28/04 at 08:32, 'twas brillig and Scott Harris scrobe:
> Subject: RE: [Mimedefang] Problem running clamd but not clamscan
>

> > Scott, et al -
> > 	I had similar issues with clamd versus clamscan (see
> > lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-December/01
> > 8671.html)
> > but nobody else seemed to (or at least, nobody responded) and
> > I gave up due to lack of time. (Figuring, "I've got a
> > solution that works for my current mail load, why fsck with it...")
> >
> > 		Ole
> > --
>
> I'm tempted to take the same route, except for the fact that
> I noticed the filter time has gone up dramatically:

Scott -
	The problem I had seemed to be that MD wasn't actually talking
to clamd. (Do you catch the EICAR text file with clamd enabled?) It
would make sense that MD processed significantly faster if it's not
incurring the virusscan overhead at all. Maybe we could have someone
with a working MD<->clamd setup try your speed test and report the
difference in MD time between clamav and clamd...

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key

	Where are the missing deficit-reduction-related activities?