[Mimedefang] filter virus

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Tue Jan 27 17:30:36 EST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Mike Heller wrote:

> I'm running mimedefang 2.36 on RedHat and I'm trying to add a filter
> rule to remove messages related to the new MyDoom virus.  I don't run a
> virus scanner on the server right now, I just want to filter based on
> the body.  Mimedefang is already running and removing the .scr, .pif,
> etc attachments, but some come as .zip (and I don't want to filter those).

   Same here.  I used the code that Joseph Brennan posted in:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-January/019443.html

   I saw the thread when I was reading email at home last night, but
didn't think much about it (and wondered why Joseph was dealing with it,
since he is at a university) since the Symantec site said that the worm
skipped addresses ending in "edu".  Wrong!

Jim McCullars