[Mimedefang] Check extensions beforer virus scan

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Tue Jan 27 17:04:38 EST 2004

At 01:20 PM 1/27/2004, you wrote:
>i noticed that just yesterday when trolling through mimedefang-filter.
>is there a reason for doing this?  that is, having the anti-virus pull
>apart the entire message and then only feed in each part looking for the
>infected portion if it found one in filter_begin()?

I think David said the other day that the message has already been pulled
apart by MIMEDefang at this point, and message_contains_virus points the
virus scanner at the working directory instead of going file by file.  This
saves a bit of processing because you don't need to reinvoke the virus
scanner for each attachment.

Kelson Vibber