[Mimedefang] Request for help: Virus-scanner invocation review [was Re: New .zip virus]

dimon at intellinetinc.com dimon at intellinetinc.com
Tue Jan 27 16:18:36 EST 2004

Quoting Mail Administrator <mailadm at crisnetmls.com>:

> David F. Skoll wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> >

> >>Add the --mime switch to detect MIME encoded virus's.
> >

> > I'm planning on a 2.40 release soon.  Would all virus-scanner owners please
> > review how MD invokes the scanner and suggest improvements?  I do not
> > own/use any virus-scanning software, so I rely on you folks to tell me
> > how to invoke it correctly.

I think for clamav checks it's better to change command line options for
archived files:
in
sub message_contains_virus_clamav ()
sub entity_contains_virus_clamav ($)

change
run_virus_scanner($Features{'Virus:CLAMAV'} . " -r --stdout --disable-summary --
infected ./Work 2>&1");

run_virus_scanner($Features{'Virus:CLAMAV'} . " -r --stdout --disable-summary --
infected --disable-archive --unzip --unrar --unace --arj --zoo --lha --jar --
tar --deb --tgz ./Work 2>&1");

Of course that requires all these archivers to be installed in the system.
What other people think about that?

Dmitry