[Mimedefang] New .zip virus?

mfaurot at atww.org mfaurot at atww.org
Tue Jan 27 11:02:22 EST 2004

In article <4015D631.4070705 at elgas.com.au> you wrote:
> Make sure you have the settings on to scan through zip files, and you
> are running freshclam frequently.

I'm running the current stable version of ClamAV (0.65) and have
freshclam checking for updates several times a day.  I was looking
through clamav.conf(5) and I see no configuration options which pertain
specifically to .zip archives/files.  Are you referring to the more
generic option StreamSaveToDisk?

I have StreamSaveToDisk and the ScanMail option enabled, and clamd
appears to have successfully caught one of these viruses for me recently,
according to the clamd log file:

Tue Jan 27 02:44:48 2004 -> /var/spool/MIMEDefang//mdefang-i0R7iimN013306/Work/msg-11120-148.zip: Worm.SCO.A FOUND

So it would seem that MD v2.39 and ClamAV (in daemon mode) will catch
this new virus.