[Mimedefang] mimedefang newbie - setup help

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jan 27 09:36:09 EST 2004

Am Di, den 27.01.2004 schrieb Andrew Jayes um 13:53:
> Hi All,
> 	I'm using the mimedefang - howto from www.rudolphtire.com and
> I'm having a few problems. My main issue is that I'm not to sure about
> building software. Which means at the moment I have lots of errors
> showing up in the build output but I'm not sure if it's a problem or not
> (I presume it is).
>
> If anyone would like to give me a hand getting setup I could cut and
> paste some info into the email body or #sh Build -c > log.txt (if that
> line will work) and attach the result.
>
> The system is being setup on a Pentium III machine using fedora core 1
> and sendmail-8.12.10 (it's just a test machine).
>
> Any help would be great,
>
> Andi

Why do you compile Sendmail, just for test pupose? I fear sometimes,
especially for 'newbies' the howto from rudolphtire misleads to
compilations and setups which are not necessary.

The Sendmail which comes with Fedora Core 1 has all features (milter)
enabled. If you want to compile Sendmail to just learn you should join
www.sendmail.org and read about the build process. Compilation errors
require some knowledge about compilation at all, about gcc and make.

If you want a MimeDefang 2.39 rpm compiled on and for FC1 please mail
me.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 15:30:09 up 2 days, 23:08, load average: 1.31, 1.21, 1.12
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]