[Mimedefang]Request for help: Virus-scanner invocation review [was Re: New .zipvirus]

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Tue Jan 27 09:32:00 EST 2004

Hi David,

>I'm planning on a 2.40 release soon.  Would all virus-scanner owners please
>review how MD invokes the scanner and suggest improvements?  I do not
>own/use any virus-scanning software, so I rely on you folks to tell me
>how to invoke it correctly.

It seems to do fine with ClamScan here. Would you consider adding a switch so 2.40 would feed a message thru all virusscanners it knows to be installed sequentially? As I have installed both ClamScan and McAfee and would love for both of these to have a go at the message. I patched my current 2.39 as posted in here a while back and love it.

Thanks for a Great Program(tm) and keep up the good work

Paul