[Mimedefang] New .zip virus?

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Mon Jan 26 21:33:47 EST 2004

>    Got a test msg coming through with a zip file attached 'body.zip'
>(in fact, second one for the day).  Norton Antivirus calls it
>W32.Novarg.A at mm.  They don't have a whole lot of info on it yet, except
>to label it a level 4 threat:

I just got one in my personal box with the zip file containing body.scr. MD quarantines the one with body.zip but lets the one with the body.scr through. Luckily my MTA, FoxMail 5.x beta considers it spam and sticks it in the Spam box. FixIT does recognize it as a virus...

So there are at least 2 variants...

Paul