[Mimedefang] New .zip virus?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Jan 26 20:37:35 EST 2004

David F. Skoll wrote:

>I'm seeing bounces from messages I supposedly sent containing a .zip file.
>I think there's a new .zip virus out there.  Watch out; the default filter
>will not catch these.

    Got a test msg coming through with a zip file attached 'body.zip'
(in fact, second one for the day).  Norton Antivirus calls it
W32.Novarg.A at mm.  They don't have a whole lot of info on it yet, except
to label it a level 4 threat:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html