[Mimedefang] all_spam_to question

Fred Felgenhauer fred at fredf.com
Sat Jan 24 11:22:14 EST 2004

I am running MD/SA forwarding to another mail server with no local delivery,
stream_by_recipient is setup correctly and working fine. I cannot find a way
around this problem though:

SA local.cf has all_spam_to usera at mydomain.com. A spam message will come in
with recipients usera, userb and userc.
SA tags the message as not spam for userb and userc also.

I even tried this:

sub filter_recipient {
if ( $recipient =~ /<usera\@mydomain.com>/ ) {
     return('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING', "ok");
 } else {
      return('CONTINUE', "ok");
  }
}

This just stops filtering on the entire message, not just the one recipient.

I scoured the list and cannot find a way around this behaviour.

I thought stream_by _recipient breaks up the message into (in this case)
three seperate messages then when they get
to filter_end, get the SA check seperately. Not the case, all messages get
scored as all_spam_to in my case.

Must I replace the recipient list
(TO:usera at mydomain.com;userb at mydomain.com;userc at mydomain.com)
on each seperate message with TO:usera at mydomain.com on the first one,
TO:userb at mydomain.com on the second one and TO:userc at mydomain.com on the
first one ? Where, filter_recipient, filter_begin? possible?

So does all_spam_to mean all_spam_to all recipients of message if any one
recipient matches at that that?

Just because one employee wants porn e-mails or something, the boss now gets
it too since the message is TO:
pornlooker at mydomain.com and bossman at mydomain.com.

Bossman is not happy.

Thank all,