[Mimedefang] Filter_relay problem

Jim McCullars jim at info.uah.edu
Wed Jan 21 16:29:39 EST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Pat Militzer wrote:

> I have added a filter_relay that will allow our internal networks to bypass
> the filters and just go out.
>   if($mailip eq $internal_net1 || $mailip eq $internal_net2) {
>   		return("ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING","It's from us it gotta
> be good");
>   		}
>   return("Continue","");
>   }

   It should be CONTINUE not Continue (look at the code in mimedefang.pl -
it is case-sensitive).  It assumes REJECT if it doesn't match any of the
other return codes.

   FWIW, I noticed you are checking on 10. addresses.  That is a
non-routable address, so any address starting with 10. will be from your
internal network.  So you could make your test a lot simpler, unless it's
really 10.100.100 and 10.100.200 subnets within your network that you want
to accept from with no filtering.

   HTH...

Jim