OT Re: Fun with rr.com (was RE: [Mimedefang] arix.com blacklist problems)

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Wed Jan 21 15:27:33 EST 2004

At 11:50 AM 1/21/2004, James wrote:
>Time Warner Telecom netblock so Time Warner Road Runner was blocking Time
>Warner Telecom, guess those two don't get along :<)..

 From what I hear, this is typical of Time Warner.  Back when Babylon 5 was
being produced, series creator Joe Straczynski described it a collection of
independent kingdoms competing with each other.  This was how he explained
why B5, after the demise of the PTEN pseudo-network, couldn't just move to
the WB network.  The show had belonged to a rival, therefore the WB
wouldn't consider touching it.

And we've all heard about the power struggles between AOL and other
divisions over the past few years.

Kelson Vibber