[Mimedefang] not catching test viruses

Rudolph Pereira r.pereira at isu.usyd.edu.au
Tue Jan 20 17:11:09 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 04:15:50PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Cormack, Ken wrote:
>
> > I havent looked yet at the mimedefang-filter code (been busy this afternoon
> > with other fires), but does MD pass the header to a virus-scanner?  Or just
> > the body and attachments?
>
> Just the body and attachments.
Doesn't this depend on the (entity|message)_contains_virus_* functions?
I know I'm passing the entire message to clamd in filter_begin, and by
default message_contains_virus_clamd tells clamd to recursively scan the
whole work directory (which will contain the entire message - including
headers - in one of the files)