[Mimedefang] not catching test viruses

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Jan 20 15:31:46 EST 2004

Thanks.  I'm reading more about this all day and have to get onto other work
but another follow-up:

It might be of interest that using Symantec Anti-Virus for SMTP and NO
Mimedefang missed the following tests to my knowledge though it's much
harder because Symantec does a receive and modify rather than a block on
emails.  It's very possible some of these were "defanged" but it's very
difficult for me to ascertain.

Test #5
Test #7
Test #8
Test #13 (MAYBE) -- It still had a winmail.dat and Outlook wouldn't open it.
Test #15
Test #17
Test #18 message looks garbled
Test #19 message looks empty
Test #20 message looks empty
Test #22 really failed on this one!

Both these tests and the ones below did not trigger SAV for Desktop
Corporate Edition 8.1 Engine with all updates/etc. either.

Regards,
KAM