[Mimedefang] arix.com blacklist problems

James W. Curtis mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com
Mon Jan 19 17:41:14 EST 2004

Here is a quote from nospam.arix.com
Our philosophy is to shoot first and ask questions later i.e. we block on
the first transgression

And another:
Because we do not audit submissions, it is possible for legitimate sources
to get blacklisted. When this happens, the source can petition for a
delisting at which point we shall investigate the legitimacy of our
database entry.

It only makes sense that spammers are submitting spam blocking sites to
this list.  Why would anyone use a list that has this philosophy?  I am
currently battling with Road Runner because they are apparently
blacklisting an entire class B block because it is a block of sprint
address'.  I have a client that has one of these IP's and cannot send to
anyone at tampabay.rr.com.  Sounds like they are feuding with sprint.

James William Curtis