[Mimedefang] mail server not issueing helo ro similar

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Mon Jan 19 04:14:40 EST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:59:33 -0700 (MST), Lucas Albers wrote:

>  did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

>  What MTA server would be doing this?

I see quite a lot of such lines for connections from an old Mercur (a Win32 SMTP/POP/IMAP server) server in the logs of our outgoing relay. The Mercur server is basically a storing mail server and the only mail ever sent from it are forwareded mail and a few mailing lists. It does manage to send mail fine, so I haven't investigeted what it actually say in its HELO.

/Jonas
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/