[Mimedefang] Test for html tag <DEFANG_

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jan 19 02:12:22 EST 2004

Am Mo, den 19.01.2004 schrieb Steven.Ellison at hardywines.com.au um 07:13:

> Hi all,
>      I have noticed a lt of spam now getting through using html tags
> <DEFANG_......      which is obviously spam.  They appear to be using these
> tags to break up text to make it difficult to check.  Maybe I missed the
> discussion
> on this in the past but how do we test for this.  I presume we do this in
> Spam Assasin
> but I don't understand how.   A normal body test does not seem to pick it
> up so I am
> assuming I need to add it to a html test.
>
>       All help appreciated,
>
>                   Regards,
>                         Steven Ellison

Are you sure the TAGS are in the original mail and not replacements by MimeDefang because
you configured it to defang HTML messages? I suspect the last.

Alexander

P.S. Please do not hijack foreign threads as it breaks threaded view. Your mail arises now as an
answer to "Spam graphs by domain" which it is not. Thanks.

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany
PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999