[Mimedefang] Building mimedefang via the rpm spec file

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Jan 18 19:31:37 EST 2004

Am Sa, den 17.01.2004 schrieb David F. Skoll um 21:09:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Stephen L Johnson wrote:
>
> > I see that when building MD via the rpm spec file, the virus scanner
> > checks are disable in ./configure. Is there a way of rebuilding the
> > mimedefang.pl program to enable various feature that are found?
>
> In your filter, set the approriate $Feature{...} variables by hand.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

David,

probably you have a good reason for disabling the check for anti-virus
applications by default in the spec file. But maybe it would be a
possibility to use the mechanisms of rpm and include the configure
option '--disable-anti-virus' as

%{?_without_antivirus:--disable-anti-virus}

Ok, it inverses the selection default but it is easy to run the rpmbuild
process as

rpmbuild -ta --without antivirus mimedefang-2.39.tar.gz

Making '--disable-anti-virus' the default choice and enabling the
checking for anti-virus applications by using --with antivirus would be
a little bit more difficult.

Regards

Alexander

--