[Mimedefang] Stream by domain

Steven Rocha steven.rocha at wccnetworking.com
Fri Jan 16 18:56:03 EST 2004

Just thought I would post this as there might be another newbie like me...

I started to have users tell me that spam was slipping though and that they were never assigned a SA score.  Hmmm... What would cause that.  I added some extra logging and found out that they weren't matching my domains because of case sensitivity.  It seems that when using stream by domain, the $Domain value maintains upper/lower case for the name of the domain.  I had been specifying lowercase for all of my domain names in the 'if' portion of my filter_end.

To make a long story short, I added '$Domain = lc($Domain)' to the beginning of filter_end.  All is now well.

If this helps one person, I will be happy.

Steve