[Mimedefang] Reject without PTR record

dimon at intellinetinc.com dimon at intellinetinc.com
Fri Jan 16 15:13:32 EST 2004

Quoting Joseph Brennan <brennan at columbia.edu>:

> --On Friday, January 16, 2004 09:26 -0700 dimon at intellinetinc.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > What do you think folks, is that a good idea to reject emails from relays
> > with  no PTR record?
>

> No.  Some legit mail comes that way.  But giving it Spamassassin
> points is good.  It's not definitely spam, but it is more likely to
> be spam than mail from hosts with PTR.
>
> Joseph Brennan         Columbia University in the City of New York
> Academic Technologies Group                   brennan at columbia.edu

Thanks very much to everyone!
I just wanted to make sure if it's a good idea or not before I implement that
in my mimedefang-filter.
Turned out it's not.

But I have another question (similar to first one):
Does it make sense to reject email if domain part of sender's address doesn't
have A or MX records?

Thanks again,
Dmitry