[Mimedefang] sa-mimedefang.cf and use_terse_report

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Jan 16 14:34:06 EST 2004

These are spamassassin configurations which do not apply to a MIMEDefang
implementation of the spamassassin tests.

Think about it this way:

MD receives the email
MD runs with your mimedefang-filter to do things the way you want
Because of your mimedefang-filter, MD sends the email for various tests.
One of them is spamassassin.
MD receives a True/False this is spam.
MD then does whatever your logic in the filter says to do for a spam email.

Unlike with SpamAssassin running through procmail for example, SA is NOT
modifying the email.  It is simply testing and passing along the results of
those tests to MD.  MANY of the configuration parameters for SA deal with
how it modifies the email and those parameter will have no effect on a MD
installation unless your filter is implemented to look for those parameters.

The filter I use is
http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-filter-KAM and is
based on DFS' suggested filter for Windows clients.  You will want to edit
the part at the bottom in filter-end to mimic SpamAssassin's report_header
and terse-report_functionality.

Regards,
KAM