[Mimedefang] rejecting on helo,drive-by-relay,forged_sender,

Paul Heinlein heinlein at cse.ogi.edu
Fri Jan 16 13:01:04 EST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Joseph Brennan wrote:

> I wonder if this can take off, in the face of so many people who
> have grown accustomed to sending legit mail with a sender address
> that has no relation to the account and domain they are using to
> send the mail.  Like my columbia.edu address when I send from my
> home ISP's smtp server.  Like my vanity domain address when I send
> from the ISP that provides connectivity to the hotel room I am in
> today.

I send all work mail out via our work mail servers using SMTP AUTH
over a STARTTLS connection to port 587. Ditto with my vanity domain.
That way, all mail goes out through the "right" mail server. Most mail
clients support that sort of functionality these days.

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at cse.ogi.edu>