[Mimedefang] [Slightly OT] sober.c vs. mimedefang and File-Scan

Jim Shewmaker jims at zol.com
Wed Jan 14 20:40:03 EST 2004

I'm getting a few of these things slipping through, but the spammynesh of
sober.c does get flagged in the headers with my filter.  I do have the
latest File-Scan, but I've notice a few of the other virus types would slip
through, but a manual scan would catch them.  Anybody have issues with a
virus getting through?  My milter is set the way the Mickey's howto has it,
the one that will tempfail on a timeout.  The mimedefang-filter is pretty
much the same, with added graphdefang lines.

Before, I only noticed the slippage with the alleged MS security updates
(forget the virus that does that).  Is this a variant problem with
File-Scan?  Anybody see anything like this?  Thanks!

Jim Shewmaker