[Mimedefang] Random Word Spam

Fox, Randy Randy_Fox at csgsystems.com
Wed Jan 14 14:00:52 EST 2004

We've been seeing a lot of messages with what appears to be random words
at the end.  This is probably an issue more for SpamAssassin but after
doing a Google search, I'm not sure it can help.  They refer to this
spam technique as Bayes Poison.  It sounds like over time, what happens
is the spamassassin database(s) will grow, and the spam vs. non-spam
will neutralize themselves out.

What I'm wondering is has anyone found a way to identify these message
sections (I suspect that most are separate MIME parts) and potentially
delete them?  Is this a safe idea?

Randy