[Mimedefang] Anomy HTMLCleaner Problems under Mimedefang 2.37

Larry Starr larrys at fullcompass.com
Wed Jan 14 10:41:28 EST 2004

I am running Mimedefang 2.37, Spamassassin 2.60 and recently downloaded and
installed anomy-HTMLCleaner 1.24.   In an attempt to solve a problem that I
was seeing with spamassassin and "some" HTML Email  (no! disabling HTML mail
is not an option!).

Once I installed HTMLCleaner and "reloaded" mimedefang, I started seeing the
following messages, in my maillog.

Jan 13 23:53:21 mail mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 6 stderr: Use of
      uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Anomy/HTMLCleaner.pm line 609,
      <IN> line 32.
Jan 13 23:53:21 mail mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 6 stderr: Use of
      uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
      /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Anomy/HTMLCleaner.pm line 609,
      <IN> line 37.

For now I have removed Anomy from my perl directories and reloaded mimedefang
to turn this feature off.

Is this a known problem, or have I installed/configured incorrectly or
installed incompatable versions?

Thank you,
Larry G. Starr - larrys at fullcompass.com or starrl at globaldialog.com
Software Engineer: Full Compass Systems LTD.
Phone: 608-831-7330 x 1347  FAX: 608-831-6330