[Mimedefang] "Deep recursion on subroutine" in MIME::Parser - how to trace?

Royce Williams royce.williams at acsalaska.net
Tue Jan 13 16:55:55 EST 2004

My original motive for posting resides within the subject line -- how
can I tell which connection is the one that caused the failure?
Since the error returned by sendmail when the milter dies is a 4.7.1,
the message that's trying to be delivered keeps killing my slaves.

Still trying to track down what's causing the deaths. Even though
it appears that I've got a patched MIME-Tools and have
MaxMIMEParts enabled, I still get this error on my test box
that I'm trying to track down:

Jan 13 12:54:43 <mail.info> zuul mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr:
Can't locate object method "max_parts" via package "MIME::Parser"
(perhaps you forgot to load "MIME::Parser"?) at
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 4640.

-royce