[Mimedefang] "Deep recursion on subroutine" in MIME::Parser - how to trace?

Royce Williams royce.williams at acsalaska.net
Tue Jan 13 14:57:12 EST 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>MIME::Parser is part of the perl-MIME-tools. Did you install the version
>patched by David? It's available throuh www.mimedefang.org.

I'm using the FreeBSD port p5-MIME-Tools-5.411a_3,1 -- which
in theory incorporated David's patches back on 06/05/2002:

$ grep "Do RFC 2231"
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/MIME/Field/ParamVal.pm
        # Do RFC 2231 processing

I've verified that this copy of ParamVal is the only one on the box.

>Or you might run into a situation for which following is in the
>mimedefang-filter (commented out):

[snip]

># $MaxMIMEParts = 50;
>
>Alexander

After uncommenting this, I restarted everything and I now get this if I send
a message with lots of tiny attachments through my devel box:

Jan 13 09:47:10 <mail.info> zuul mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 0 stderr:
Can't locate object method "max_parts" via package "MIME::Parser"
(perhaps you forgot to load "MIME::Parser"?) at
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line 4640

-royce