[Mimedefang] PHP and Releasing a message

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Jan 12 18:13:12 EST 2004

Gord,

You have a mysql database and a PHP script.  You should not be using
sendmail or cat but rather something like:

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuser = "imauser";
$dbpass = "imapassword";
$dbname = "md_quarantine";

$link = mysql_connect("$dbhost", "$dbuser", "$dbpass")
        or die ("Could not connect");
mysql_select_db ("$dbname")
        or die ("Could not select database");

$cmd = "select * from emails where email_id = <some variable you are taking
care of'";

$result = mysql_query($cmd);

while($row=mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
  mail($row[email_address], $row[email_subject], $row[email_body]);
}

Depending on how you are storing the data in the database, you might need to
rebuild a mime-email (beyond me in php), etc. but this should be some
framework to get started.

KAM