[Mimedefang] A big recommendation for using ramdisk on MD spool directory

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Mon Jan 12 17:55:56 EST 2004

On 01/12/04 at 16:50, 'twas brillig and Stephen Johnson scrobe:

> On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 16:46, Ole Craig wrote:
> > On 01/12/04 at 16:14, 'twas brillig and Stephen Johnson scrobe:
> > >
> > > I moved /var/spool/MIMEDefang to a ramfsfile system (Linux). Wow! What a
> > > difference. The server is handling 3+ messages per second without
> > > breaking a sweat. And the best thing, the number of slaves has stayed at
> > > MIN_SLAVES. Not one addition slave has been need. I can't wait to see
> > > how the server performs tomorrow at peak mail loads.
> >
> > Stephen -
> > 	Just curious -- why ramfs rather than tmpfs?
>
> Sorry I had ramfs on the brain. I meant to say tmpfs.

	Ramfs on the brain? Do you have problems remembering things
first thing in the morning? :-)

	Cheers,
		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key