[Mimedefang] Re: Debian backports for mimedefang?

Mark Sheppard mark at ddf.net
Sat Jan 10 12:06:06 EST 2004

A long time ago Kim Leandersson said:

> The dream would be a backport server which has new versions of
> mimedefang, clamav and spamassassin, but I guess this isn't
> available?

I've just been looking for the same thing due to a problem upgrading
libc (see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=226688 for
details).

I found http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/backports.html which has
clamav and spamassassin, but I didn't manage to track down a
backported MIMEDefang - http://www.apt-get.org/ didn't know of one.

So I made my own.  Turned out to be quite easy.  First add deb-src
line to /etc/apt/sources.list for the testing distibution.  Being in
the UK I used:

  deb-src ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

Then run the following commands:

  apt-get update
  apt-get build-dep mimedefang
  apt-get source mimedefang
  cd mimedefang-2.38
  make -f debian/rules binary-arch
  cd ..
  dpkg -i mimedefang_2.38-2_i386.deb

You'll probably need to install other packages along the way, but
that's all there is to it.

Mark.