[Mimedefang] cannot write to bayes_journal

Douglas, Jason jdouglas at municipality.clarington.on.ca
Fri Jan 9 15:25:41 EST 2004

Hi All,

Hope someone can help. I'm getting messages like:

Jan  9 15:14:17 spammail mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 2 stderr: cannot
write to /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes_journal, Bayes db update ignored

in my mail log. I checked and there was no bayes_journal file. So I
created an empty bayes_journal file and gave ownership to the defang
user, and chmod-ed to 600 (same as the other bayes_ files).

However I'm still getting the cannot write to bayes_journal messages.
What am I doing wrong?

Jason Douglas
Network Support Technician
http://scopicmedia.ca/