[Mimedefang] filter-relay, rejection on bogus helo

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Jan 9 02:28:28 EST 2004

> If our SMTP server gave it's IP instead of it's name in HELO it'd be
> [10.0.7.10], wich obviously isn't the IP the receiving server sees
> (195.67.112.220).

but does your server have a hostname?
Does it have an authoritative ip address?
So the helo string does not match the public ip address?
Is it listed as your mx for your ip-range or domain?

Only if the machine has a non-authoritative ip address, doesn't have a
hostname, and doesn't match on the first 3 octets or domain do I reject.
And is not listed as an mx record for your ip or domain.

Luke Computer Science System Administrator