[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang crash

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Fri Jan 9 02:23:07 EST 2004

Andrew_Hoying at blm.gov said:
> Is there any other timeouts that would be good to set? Is there any
> problems with those timeouts?

I got these from one of the big dog admins on the site, works well for me,
has NEVER caused problems, reduced my load etc.

define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG',$j MTA $b)dnl
dnl this will wait 2 minutes for a command from the other mailer.
dnl this will timeout on mailers that are parasiting on my mailer.
dnl this has never caused problems on mail delivery, it just removes
troublesome
dnl mailers (spammers that won't resolve ip or similar.)

dnl just doubled them to fix unexpected close on connectiosn problems see
rcs for diff.
dnl TIMEOUTS (MANY OF THESE)...
define(`confTO_INITIAL', `30s')
define(`confTO_CONNECT', `30s')
define(`confTO_ICONNECT', `45s')
define(`confTO_HELO', `1m')
define(`confTO_MAIL', `1m')
define(`confTO_RCPT', `1m')
define(`confTO_DATAINIT', `1m')
define(`confTO_DATABLOCK', `1m')
define(`confTO_DATAFINAL', `3m')
define(`confTO_RESET', `1m')
define(`confTO_QUIT', `1m')
define(`confTO_MISC', `1m')
define(`confTO_COMMAND', `1m')
dnl define(`confTO_IDENT', `1m')
dnl define(`confTO_IDENT', `1s')
define(`confTO_FILEOPEN', `1m')
define(`confTO_CONTROL', `1m')
define(`confTO_HOSTSTATUS', `3m')

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering