[Mimedefang] bad extensions

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Jan 8 21:59:53 EST 2004

On 04.1.9 5:16 AM, "Jim McCullars" <jim at info.uah.edu> wrote:
[...]
> (I don't remember the exact wording).  It caused a little bit of grief at
> first, but it has saved us tremendously in the long run.  I probably
> shouldn't say this in a public list, but we don't run a virus scanner, we
> depend on the bad_ext list.  There aren't a lot of choices of virus
> programs on the Tru64 platform, and the one that I checked on (Sophos, I
> believe) is mighty pricey.

I use both File::Scan (available via CPAN) and CLAMAV ... not sure if the
clamav stuff will compile on Tru64, but File::Scan should at least work as
it's written in perl.  I would assume that if you can get MIMEDefang to work
on Tru64, that File::Scan would work w/o issue.  (at least it's *SOMETHING*)

alan