[Mimedefang] RE: bad extensions

Douglas, Jason jdouglas at municipality.clarington.on.ca
Thu Jan 8 15:31:58 EST 2004

> FWIW, I pared the list of bad extensions down to this:
>	$bad_exts =
'(bat|cmd|com|exe|lnk|pif|reg|scr|shs|vb|vbe|vbs|zi)';
> and reject them outright with something like
>	return action_bounce("Attachment $fname not allowed as it may
represent a security hazard.");

I just thought of something else. Since at least half of our users use
Outlook XP or 2003, which by default blocks most (if not all) of those
extensions already, there's no sense allowing them through, they'd just
waste more resources. But I will just go with the solution of the
action_drop_with_warning("Message..."); as it is better in our
organization, methinks.

Thanks to Kelson Vibber and Jim McCullars for replying.

Jason Douglas
Network Support Technician
http://scopicmedia.ca/
http://scopicmedia.com/jasond/