[Mimedefang] Can't stop mimedefang from stripping HTML!

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Thu Jan 8 08:55:13 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 02:54, BEYZAIE Shamim wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I can't seem to be able to stop mimedefang from stripping away HTML code in
> an email. I have commented out the line in mimedefang-filter reading:
>
>     remove_redundant_html_parts($entity);
>
> And also the lines:
>
>     if ($Features{"HTMLCleaner"}) {
> 	if ($type eq "text/html") {
> 	    return anomy_clean_html($entity);
> 	}
>     }
>
> in the hope that it will let all HTML pass through intact. I have restarted
> mimedefang, even sendmail it still doesn't work. I've been looking at other
> emails in this list and I can't see any other way of doing this.
>
> Basically and HTML mail that passes through is stripped and all thats left
> is a plaintext email and web links from the original HTML code.
>
> I'm running Redhat 9.0 with Mimedefang and Spamassassin, and am a newbie to
> mimedefang :)
> Any help would be muchly appreciated,
> Shamim :)

Do you *REALLY* want to do that? If so then I would suggest that you
either disable MD completely or, perhaps, use sendmail's friend and
hater access options to selectively bypass scanning for those who are
willing to take the risk of virii but also the risk of going over quota
(Yes, you should have quotas for all users) with the bloated html
messages.

It seems you have exactly the correct setup now and can't see why you
would want to change unless this is the brainchild of you PHB, in which
case, find another place to work and quickly.

--
Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>
416-452-4583