Smarthost Failover - WAS RE: [Mimedefang] SMTP mailertablequestion

Rob MacGregor rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 02:41:45 EST 2004

>From: "Dan Tulovsky" <dtulovsky at sbigroup.com>
>
>Do you have to use ip addresses?  You cannot define two names the same
>way you defined two ip addresses?
>
>define(`SMART_HOST', `host1:host2')

Quoting from a post in comp.mail.sendmail from about 6 months back:

|define(`SMART_HOST',`relay:smarthost1:smarthost2:smarthost3')
|
|All default smtp based mailers accept ":" separated "fallback list".

So, you can have multiple names, you just have to specify the mailer (relay)
first.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?