[Mimedefang] Getting MD to recognize clamscan/clamd

Ole Craig olc at cs.umass.edu
Wed Jan 7 14:01:42 EST 2004

On 01/07/04 at 13:40, 'twas brillig and Jon R. Kibler scrobe:
> Have been using MD 2.36 on Solaris 9 (sparc) for some time now
> without any problem. However, we decided to add clamav virus
> protection and we cannot seem to get MD's configure to recognize it.
> Also, it seems to find BDC AV which we do not have. I looked at
> configure.in and didn't see an obvious problem, and I browsed the
> archives for a while and didn't seem to see this same problem
> described...

> I should also add that uvscan, clamscan, and clamd are all in
> /usr/local/bin, and it finds uvscan ok, but not any of the clamav
> stuff in the same directory.

> Configuration used, configure output, and AV software path info
> follow signature paragraph. Any ideas what may be wrong here?

[...]
> checking for clamscan... (cached) /bin/false
> checking for clamd... (cached) /bin/false
[...]

	The "cached" note there means that configure didn't actually
test for the presence of clamscan, it used the previously-determined
value it found in config.cache. Remove config.cache and either rerun
configure or (if it exists) run "config.status --recheck".

		Ole
--
Ole Craig * UNIX, linux, SMTP-ninja; news, web; SGI martyr * CS Computing
Facility, UMass * <www.cs.umass.edu/~olc/pgppubkey.txt> for public key