Smarthost Failover - WAS RE: [Mimedefang] SMTP mailertable question

Mary Verge DeSisto mverge at epnet.com
Wed Jan 7 11:13:58 EST 2004

>> Do you have to use ip addresses?  You cannot define two names the same
>> way you defined two ip addresses?
>>
>> define(`SMART_HOST', `host1:host2')
>>
>> Thanks

For my SMART_HOST I use an MX record, that way I can prioritize the servers.

define(`SMART_HOST', `smtp:outgoing-sm')

outgoing-sm             IN      MX      10 mailgw3.
outgoing-sm             IN      MX      10 mailgw4.
outgoing-sm             IN      MX      20 mailgw2.
outgoing-sm             IN      MX      30 mailgw1.