[Mimedefang] Don't know what happened

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Jan 5 23:16:45 EST 2004

Am Di, den 06.01.2004 schrieb Alexander Dalloz um 04:40:
> Am Di, den 06.01.2004 schrieb Brad Tarver um 02:22:
> > But now MD won't even start. What can I set in /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang
> > or /etc/init.d/mimedefang to tell MD to log startup/crash errors?
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated as my company depends heavily on
> > MD's functionality.
> >
> > Running RH9, sendmail-8.12.8-9.90 (RPM), kernel-smp-2.4.20-27.9 (RPM),
> > MD 2.39, and SA 2.61.
> >
> > Dual Xeon 700, 3.5GB ram.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > BT
>
> In /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang:
>
> # Set to the syslog facility.  Also set $SyslogFacility in your filter
> SYSLOG_FACILITY=mail
>
> # Set to yes if you want the multiplexor to log events to syslog
> MX_LOG=yes
>
> In /etc/mail/sendmailmc:
>
> define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL', `6')dnl

Sorry! It should have not been just 6. I just blindly copied it from my
sendmail.mc and did not change it to a reasonable higher value. I feel
15 is a good choice. A nice list comes from the milter-sender author:

dnl If Milter.LogLevel is greater-than:
dnl
dnl	0	Communication errors
dnl	8	Header & RCPT modification messages
dnl	9	Connect to info
dnl	10	Milter error return codes, abort messages
dnl	12	More return code info, connection/open errors
dnl	14	Sender & rcpts info
dnl	17	Show headers & body sent to a milter.
dnl	18	Quit
dnl	21	Time a milter

> Rebuild the sendmail.cf afterwards and restart mimedefang and sendmail.
>
> (I have exactly same software situation here, only no smp system, and
> all is working great.)
>
> Alexander

Again :) Alexander

--