[Mimedefang] Problems getting started

Josh Fryman fryman at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 5 15:33:52 EST 2004

> [ snipped describtion without helpful details ]

that's why i offered to post any additional details people thought would
help.  (this offer still stands, if anyone can tell me what i should post.)

> Ok, I hope this will help you little. It is hard to help if a good howto
> is not enough and you can not describe your problems any better.

i followed the HOWTO one step at a time, exactly as described.  i'd be
happy to try and describe it better, but i think descriptions aren't
particularly helpful.  particular log messages to look for and post,
config files, whatever -- these i can see helping.  the problem is, i
don't know _what_ would help debug it.  i'm too much a novice with this
very slick milter thing, and don't know what config files are most
important.

the other major problem is that making adjustments to it requires the
midnight oil problem, until the new servers are finalized and ordered.
but that won't be for at least 1-2 more months.

the baby-step through the process is the only logical next action unless
anyone has any concrete requests for logs/configs/whatever.  i've been
hoping it wouldn't be necessary, as it means little sleep for the next
week to do this all during the 12am - 3am window.

thanks,

-josh