[Mimedefang] filter_data?

Mark Sheppard mark at ddf.net
Sun Jan 4 19:20:44 EST 2004

Hi,

I can't see any way of adding filtering when the DATA command is
issued.  Is there a way to do this?  If not then a filter_data hook
like filter_relay etc. would be good.  That's as long as milter allows
you to do that.

This would be useful because you could do filtering based on the
complete list of recipients - in filter_recipient you only know one
recipient (plus the first one), not the whole list.

At the moment I'm doing some filtering that needs to know all the
recipients in filter_begin.  But by that time the message has come
down the wire to us.  It'd be better to do this filtering before we
get the message, i.e. in response to the DATA command.

Mark.