[Mimedefang] Spam graphs by domain

James W. Curtis mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com
Sun Jan 4 09:06:47 EST 2004

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, Jonas Eckerman wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:55:36 -0500 (EST), mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com wrote:
>
> >  Or is there an easier way that I haven't read about yet?
>
> You could also use graphdefang's filter. Cut from the example graphdefang-config:
>
> --8<--
> # Name:               filter (optional)
> #                     used with value1, value2, sender,
> #                     recipient, and subject
> #                     Common uses:
> #                     '@westover.org' to filter sender or recipient by domain
> #                     '^(?:(?!klez).)*$' to filter OUT klez in a virusname
> --8<--

Taking from the sample provided in the Heartlight graph, here is what I
did to the stock mimedefang-config file

**snip**

%GraphSettings = ();
%GraphSettings = (
        'data_types'    => ['spam', 'mail_in', 'definitely_spam',
'possibly_spam', 'probably_spam', 'virus', 'reject'],
        'graph_type'    => 'line',
        'grouping'      => 'summary',
        'grouping_times'=> ['hourly','daily','monthly'],
        # 'filter'        => '^(?:(?jameswcurtis.com).)*$',
        'filter'        => '@jameswcurtis.com',
        'filter_name'   => 'jameswcurtis.com Spam Stats',
        'title'         => 'jameswcurtis.com Spam Stats',
        );
push @GRAPHS, { %GraphSettings };

I then ran graphdefang.pl --nomax so it would reread the entire Summary.DB
file

It generated the same graph with the filter, with the remarked filter,
and with no filter.  Did I miss something?  Using the filter method, I
shouldn't have to use the @Recipients, or should I?

James Curtis