[Mimedefang] Re: Forged Sender Checking

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Sat Jan 3 14:49:52 EST 2004

Jeremy Mates said:
> And if your site does much traffic with the domains being forged,
> manually exclude them from the reverse check if you can guess what the
> legitimate outgoing hosts for the domain in question are. Something SPF
> takes the guesswork out of...
By looking at teh domain of the name/ip/helo and then  saving the result
to a database, once the threshold gets over a certain amount you could
then just read from the database.
The problem is, what if they reconfigure their outgoing mail servers?

> Where is the timeout being done? All I see is $timeout being set to 1,
> and the documentation for Net::DNS uses that variable only with some
> IO::Select code.

it appears it has timeout code in the query, (not sure) and the timeout
variable is no used.
My bad.