[Mimedefang] Spam graphs by domain

mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com
Sat Jan 3 12:55:36 EST 2004

I don't know much about programming, so I was hoping that you could help
me out further on this.  I am wanting to capture per domain statistics for
graphing on each of the domains that I host/filter on the same server.  I
looked at the code for stream_by_domain, and it appears that it has a lot
of stuff for sending multiple e-mails because of what it was intended for,
which I don't really need because of it breaking the ability to reject at
the MTA level. But the relevant code for what I am needing appears to be
this.
    # Grab list of domains of recipients
    foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
        $dom = $recip;
        # Remove angle brackets
        $dom =~ s/[<>]//g;
        # Get domain
        $dom =~ s/.*\@//;
That sets $dom to just the portion of the address after the @ sign.  Could
I add this after the if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) line and use it in
that section. Would this use less processor/memory than using the INPUTMSG
and parse method (which I have no idea how to code).  This should give me
the ability to

md_graphdefang_log('spam', $hits, $RelayAddr, $dom)

After it gets into the SummaryDB file that way I could generate
graphdefang reports with the grouping $dom.  I sure something else is

Or is there an easier way that I haven't read about yet?

I am sure something else is missing, but I am not sure what, and I don't
know how this would effect performance.

James W Curtis