[Mimedefang] Mimedefang timeout

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Thu Feb 12 14:19:06 EST 2004

The general solution I have found with applications having UTF-8
problems is to just have the system do itsself as a C machine with
/etc/sysconfig/i18n

On US systems /etc/sysconfig/i18n will look like:

[smooge at bake_neko smooge]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

Change this to

[smooge at bake_neko smooge]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="C"
SUPPORTED="C:en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

And you have good systems again.