[Mimedefang] Using ClamAV with default run-as-user settings

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 12:41:26 EST 2004

I've found a simple fix - put the following in your mimedefang-filter:

$ClamdSock  = "/var/run/clamav/clamd";

I'm now happily running clamd as the default user clamav without issue.  No
more ownership or upgrade issues.  Maybe we could ask that this becomes the
default location for future use, or a search list is used (try the default
clamd location first, then the MD custom location second)?

--
Rob