[Mimedefang] Properly logging header changes..

Adam Beatham adam at backboard.org
Sun Feb 29 14:36:16 EST 2004

Jon,

Thanks for the reply!  Both machines are just logging to mail, and both
machines are set to log to their respective maillog files (the two
machines two different slightly, in directory structure, but that's it).
And they both have the exact same log enable line in mimedefang-filter

md_graphdefang_log_enable('mail', 1);

-adam

on 2/29/2004 2:21 PM Jon R. Kibler said the following:
> Adam Beatham wrote:
> <SNIP!>
>
>>But on another system, it doesn't log anything. It processes the
>>messages just fine, and it will add a line for graphdefang to define if
>>it's spam or a virus, etc.  but I actually want it to log the
>>information for the headers it changes, and I can't for the life of me
>>figure out where the difference is.  Both machines are MD 2.39.
>>
>>Thanks for any help
>

> Two possible causes come to mind:
>    1) The logging options in the MD setup are different on the two systems.
>    2) Your /etc/syslog.conf file differs on the two systems -- probably in
>       the log level you have set for whatever service you have MD logging
>       to (I would bet the problem is here).
>
> JK

-adam
-----