[Mimedefang] action_quarantine_entire_message

Dirk Mueller dmuell at gmx.net
Sat Feb 28 15:48:20 EST 2004

Hi,

man mimedefang-filter reads:

action_quarantine_entire_message($msg)

Quarantines  the entire message in a quarantine directory on the mail server,
but does not oth­erwise affect disposition of the message.  If "$msg" is
non-empty, it is included in any admin­istrator notification.

To my surprise, it seems that action_quarantine_entire_message's parameter,
$msg, is added inline to the actual message. That was... ehh, quite
surprising, since the messages were politically incorrect debug messages, and
which confused the hell out of the actual recipient, since they suddenly
appeared in the middle of a legitimate, nonspam, nonvirus email.

Is this a bug in mimedefang? is this a bug in the documentation? Using 2.39
here. There should be a huge warning in the documentation, since this
behaviour was entirely nonobvious to me.

I made a quick patch to fix the issue for me (@Warnings was used for
Quarantine notification warnings as well as for recipient warnings, which
is .. eh .. bad. ). Not well tested, but I was assuming that the code is easy
enough for me to grasp.

Dirk