[Mimedefang] TESTVIRUS.org - test question

Rob rob_macgregor at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 11:34:46 EST 2004

I've found that clamav *will* catch it (the binhex test), assuming it's not
sent directly.

The problem is that clamav only enables the mail decoding function if the
first word of the file passed to it is one of a number of key words.  Where
a previous MTA has stuck a Received: header as the first line all is well,
however when it's sent directly (as from testvirus.org) that magic header
isn't there and clamav treats it like a plain file.

I've asked the clamav folks if some flag can be set to tell clamav to treat
every file as a mail file, for use in mail scanners.  If they don't object I
may just look at working a patch for them.

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may be
ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?